What is a Book Club collection?
A book club collection is a group of books for use in an educational or book club setting for an extended loan period. The books in this collection are generally appropriate for teens in grades 6-12 and are noted as to whether they will work better for middle or high school groups.
- Book Club collections may be borrowed for a 6 (six) week loan period. There is no renewal option. Multiple copies of up to two titles may be borrowed at a time.
- Requests need to be made a minimum of one week before pickup.
- Requests may be submitted in person, by mail, by telephone, fax, or e-mail. Request forms are available at all library locations and on the library website.
- Requests need to include the responsible adult's name and book title needed. An adult MPHPL or reciprocal borrowing card is required.
- Youth Services staff assemble Book Club collections. Please note which of our three locations is most convenient for pickup. Copies of the requested title will be forwarded to the requested site for pickup.
- Requested collections need to be picked up on the requested date. Collections not picked up within 7 (seven) working days after the requested date will be returned to the shelf and the patron will need to complete another request form.
- The adult card holder is responsible for books in the collection including any fines levied on late materials and all replacement costs for lost or damaged materials.
- Collections must be borrowed by an adult using an adult library card.